Thursday, March 10, 2011

101 days

I introduced you all to my Donut of Misery last December when this deployment had just begun. Now, 101 days in, let's take a look at the numbers. Jason has been gone for:

3.4 Months
14.56 Weeks
101.95 Days
2,446.77 Hours
146,806.21 Minutes
8,808,372.57 Seconds

In that time, the kitties and I have consumed, used, or done the following:

Wine: 12.75 liters - I blame the cats.
Soy milk: 7.5 gallons
Almond milk: 0.5 gallons
Laundry loads: 38
Dishwasher loads: 38
Dry cat food: 52.5 lbs.
Wet cat food: 16.25 lbs.
Cups of tea: 54
Cups of coffee: 54
Vacuuming: 8 times - Ugh, I need to do that more often.
Kitty litter: 135 lbs. - It was all that wine, those lush cats.
Care packages: 7 - I've sent two packages a month so far. Jason's shipmates are jealous.
Postage for care packages: $84.84
Dinners out: 1 - A friend and I tried taking her kids out for pizza. We're sticking with takeout from now on.
Rolls of toilet paper: 17 - Seriously, I go through so much less than Jason does.
Starbucks drinks: 5
Trips to the gym: 16 - I need to do this more often too.

So I guess the moral of the story is that life goes on. Dirty clothes and dishes must be washed, kitties fed and litter boxes scooped. And sometimes, a glass of wine or a frou-frou coffee shop drink make it a little bit more tolerable.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Two care packages a month! :D Jason is a very lucky guy. No wonder his shipmates are jealous.

Hugs to you, Heidi. It must be very difficult for you to be apart from him, and I know you miss him very much. I hope the time goes quickly for you until you can be with him again.

Angela Noelle said...

Wow, that's a lot of numbers! I love that you kept track of all of this :) Keep on keepin' on, lady!

Anika said...

Darn those cats and all the wine they drink!

the V said...

That's some list lady.

I wish I had one now. I love counting.

And perhaps it's my sad, dirty European tackiness showing through, but vaccuming 8 times in 3 months would be award-winning in my house (of course, I don't have fuzzy pals all over, which probably makes a difference). Also I am lazy.