Friday, January 21, 2011

Foodie Friday: Dill isn't just for pickles

It's Foodie Friday! Foodie Friday is my weekly feature that gives you a window into my kitchen. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to read cookbooks, and I love to inspire people to give vegan food a chance. Thus, Foodie Friday was whipped up and baked to perfection.
Wait, did I neglect to make a non-food post this week? Well, not exactly. I've posted a few goodies on List of the Day in the past seven days. If you're not following LOTD yet, why not? It's good times over there! Or, if you only want to see my posts, you can check them out here.

But you're probably here for the food. So here it is!

White bean and dill hummus with whole wheat tortilla chips, both from 1,000 Vegan Recipes.

I love white bean hummus. There's a white bean hummus appetizer at The Cheesecake Factory that I'm pretty sure Jason and I singlehandedly got added to the regular menu. But this one takes it to the next level with the addition of the dill.

Mexican fideo soup with pinto beans from 1,000 Vegan Recipes.

This was spicy and delicious. A word of caution, though: the little noodles sucked up most of the liquid in the time it took me to eat my first bowl, so you'll need to serve it fast before it turns into something more akin to spaghetti.

2 comments:

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Oh my gosh that soup looks amazing! It almost looks like Tortilla Soup, which is one of my favorites.

Angela Noelle said...

Mmmmm, dill!!! That hummus sounds incredible!