Tuesday, February 15, 2011

he came through

I wasn't sure what to expect on Valentine's Day. Jason is riding the waves in the Arabian Sea, and sappy cards and tooth-rotting treats aren't exactly the foremost things on his mind.

Nevertheless, he apprised me that I should be on the lookout for a surprise to appear on our doorstep on Monday. As a result, I spent more time gazing out the window willing the delivery truck to roll up than I did doing my job. (Oops.)

The hours ticked by and by 3 o'clock, I was convinced that I was that unlucky girl whose bouquet had toppled off the back of the flower truck, never to be seen again. But just when I had lost all hope, I heard the screech of the screen door opening and the thump of a box against the front door. I ran as fast as my sock feet could slip across the vinyl flooring to snatch my prize.

And what a wonderful surprise it was:


But he wasn't done. Tucked inside the box was this note:
To the love of my life: I am thinking of you every day, and I can't wait to come home to you. Happy Valentine's Day!

Love, Jason
Even the kitties found something to enjoy.


Well played, sailor. And if you weren't totally won over by him already, here's the clincher. It took him an hour of his precious free time to place the order online. Now that's devotion.

In other special deliveries, my sister will be rolling up in here tomorrow night. If you hear hysterical giggling from the west, do not be alarmed; that's just how we do. It'll be just like when we were little, except that our mom won't be here to separate us so we can calm down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that he made your day! It was just what you needed it sounds like!

Have a great time with your sister! Tell her to bring back some of that warmer weather with her.

Brittany Ann said...

Good work, Hubby! Gotta love when a busy sailor puts you first:)

Connie said...

The flowers are beautiful and, even more so, is his sweet note. I hope you and your sister had a wonderful visit. :)

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

The flowers are gorgeous! What a great guy. Glad the kitties got a treat too :)

Anika said...

Catching up on blogs. So wonderful that your hubs surprised you for vday.