Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quotes from the Boat, Volume 7

My husband says funny things. Funny things that often become even funnier in the voiceless environment of e-mails sent amidst the chaos of deployment on an aircraft carrier. In my Quotes from the Boat series, I'll be sharing select gems plucked straight from my e-mail correspondence with the king of the cruise himself. From funny, to touching, to just plain weird, these are Jason's musings from aboard the "big metal city."


---
You are beautiful to me every day.

I would have gotten tortured for going across the equator, but the event is "voluntary." It's in quotations because they still give you a ration of shit for not participating. So, they stuck me in some room and told me that I couldn't watch TV since I wasn't participating. I watched TV anyway.

I love you so much! You are the best wife ever!

I can barely keep my shorts on because they are too big for me now.*

I don't get so hungry when I think of the crap food they serve. It kills my hunger.

Hong Kong IS the piracy capital of the world, after all.

I didn't feel like going to Disneyland [in Hong Kong]. That's something I'd like to do with you, not with a bunch of sailors.

I have no desire to go to the Middle East with an AK-47.

So you were able to find the Amstel Light, eh? I guess the holy quest is over now.**

I can't wait to come home to you! It makes me so happy to be packing to come home. It almost brings tears to my eyes. Leaving this ship and knowing I won't ever have to come back brings a lot of joy into my heart.


* He has gone down four pants sizes since November!
** I drove through three counties and went to eight stores to get that damn beer.

2 comments:

Maris (in Good Taste) said...

Ah, true love! I am so excited for you!

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

OH my gosh some of these are really funny and very sweet. So glad he's home!