Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scrub your tub and your face--yes!

I'm on the rag this week. I'm tired, I'm bloated, I'm crampy, and I want to eat everything in sight, which makes me eat pile after pile of junk, which makes me even more bloated and crappy-feeling, which makes me even more lazy and more likely to continue eating junk. It is a vicious cycle.

Despite this, I found the power within me to scrub the bathtub last night. Maybe it was the Method bender I went on last week at Target, or maybe it was that my mother will be here on Saturday and I don't want her to think that we live in filth. Whatever the case, I broke out my Le Scrub Bathroom Cleaner (it's like liquid Comet but not nearly as smelly and nasty on your skin--plus Method products are cruelty-free) and conquered that soap scum. If you clicked the link, you'll have noticed that it comes with a little scrubby thing. The light blue side is like washcloth material, but the dark blue side is slightly rougher, almost like the sticky side of velcro. No way was I going to use that thing to clean up the kitty litter footprints in the tub--oh no. I held on to it to use on myself. It's the perfect size and texture for a face scrubber. I used it to exfoliate this evening, and it worked like a charm.

It just goes to show you that you can find items all around you that can be repurposed to use in better ways than they were originally intended.

No comments: