Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Lazy Sunday

I am at home today, spending some quality time with Jason before he heads off on a business trip tomorrow.

Well, what I really mean is that I came home last night to get laid, and today I am doing a few loads of laundry and hand-washing my bras so that Jason can have clean clothes to work in and I can keep my cannons loaded.

This morning I made a tasty breakfast of chocolate chip almond pancakes with organic maple syrup. I use the recipe on a box of Heart Smart Bisquick, substituting soy milk for dairy and adding an extra quarter cup of soy milk in place of an egg. Add a splash of almond extract and a handful of chocolate chips to the batter, mix thoroughly, and cook on a hot nonstick skillet (I have this one). The picture is from a few weeks ago when I made pancakes and tofu scramble. For the scramble, I sautéed a chopped onion and some sliced mushrooms in olive oil, then added cubed tofu, chopped garlic, sliced green bell pepper, chili powder to taste, and a jar of salsa to the pan. Jason asked for it, so you know it's good.

Since my bras are wet, I'm wearing one of those tank tops with a "supportive inner layer." Unfortunately, my girls have never met a tank top they didn't like to spill out of, so in order to keep Jason focused on his math homework, I had to install an alarm--a magnetic security strip that I found stuck to the couch (no doubt from the Legendary version of Halo 3 that he brought home the other night). Whenever he approaches, it beeps like when you "accidentally" leave Gamestop without paying (or, if you're like us, when your remote-start key fob sets off the store alarm as you walk in--true story).

Ok, so my boob alarm doesn't really beep, but it has been an amusing game all afternoon. If I could just get that stupid Master Chief helmet on my head, my protective gear would be all set.

1 comment:

ALF said...

Those built in bra things don't work worth a crap.

Found your site from dooce - just wanted to say hi.