Wednesday, April 6, 2011

best bus EVER

It was a sad day on base today. An F/A-18 Super Hornet jet went down during a routine training exercise this afternoon, killing both men aboard. I don't know either of the sailors or their families, but when a tragedy like this happens, the entire community grieves, and an accident on the home front is particularly jarring.

In better news, I'm getting ready to head home to Michigan on Friday for my sister's bridal shower. I'll only be there for the weekend, but considering that I haven't been in the mitten since 2009, I'll take what I can get. I might even kiss the ground (but I'll probably just stick to kissing my parents' cats).

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. I'm also looking forward to some awesome little details that sissy dearest is planning for her wedding day, which I am going to spill the beans on because SHE doesn't have a blog:

The bridal party's ride! I am probably more excited about this than she is.

Our super-awesome bridesmaid necklaces from Love Salt Jewelry by the lovely Salt! These are going to look perfect with our dresses and shoes.

Hooray!

8 comments:

Angela Noelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the crash :( That is always such a sobering moment. I'm excited for your sister's wedding though! Have so much fun!

Anika said...

I'm heading to OTown this weekend too, for MY little sister's wedding. Hope you enjoy the festivities! and those necklaces are beautiful!

Jamie said...

We watched the new Karate Kid last night, and when Dre was having his break down, Anton said "it's cool, kid. I miss Michigan, too." We haven't been back since 2009, either.

Have fun with your sister!

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

I am so sorry for the loss a the base. My thoughts and prayers to the families of these brave people.
Congrats to your sister and have a wonderful week-end.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

That is awful news about the crash, I'm sorry to hear that. And have a great time in Michigan!

Anonymous said...

Looks like there will be lots of fun to be had. And I love that necklace. I cannot wait to see pictures of the big day. I am sure it will be amazing!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh no. What a horrific piece of news. We're grieving with you.

Glad you're getting away, though!

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for our soldiers and their families.

I am glad for you that you get to visit the mitten and hang out with your family! Kiss the ground for me too! LOL! :)