Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where in the World Wednesday: London, part 2

It's Classy in Philadelphia's Where in the World Wednesday!

The idea of WITWW is to post a picture of you in someplace in the world... it doesn't have to be somewhere foreign or tropical. Just a picture of you somewhere that you consider traveling. It might even be somewhere in your own hometown!
After our quick and dirty Paris trip, my MSU study abroad buddies and I jumped right back into the swing of things in London with class and a tour of the BBC Television Centre.

In 2002, a student pass for the tour cost £4.95. Today, it costs £7. How about that?


Again, what is happening with my shirt? Was I having some sort of weird peasant girl stage?

The bag in my hand contains the CD recording of Party at the Palace, a concert that was held at Buckingham Palace the previous month in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee (ruling for 50 years). I still listen to it.

Later in the week I had a hankering for a haircut, so I gathered two other girls who were itching for a trim and we headed to a salon that didn't look disgusting. I ended up with a drastic change. I went from my natural dirty blond to red! I had always wanted to make the transformation, and without my mother there to forbid it, I threw caution to the wind.


The redhead picture was taken in my dorm room after the new school year had started. The lighting was horrible--I promise the color was way better than that.

I loved it! Not surprisingly, my mom hated it. I have very few pictures of my red hair, and it was gone by Thanksgiving, but I remember the time fondly. For once in my life, I was a rebel.

3 comments:

Bayjb said...

Oh the BBC, big fan. Jealous you guys got to go on the tour! I love London

Angela Noelle said...

Ooooh, I love rebellious you!

CIP said...

Ahhh! Sorry I missed this before...I'm slacking on my WITWW's! Thanks for always joining in! London <3