Monday, November 29, 2010

Vis Per Mare

Jason jetted off this afternoon to join his carrier strike group in San Diego before they hoist anchor tomorrow and head out to patrol the seas for at least seven months. It was an emotional morning for both of us, but we parted with smiles on our faces and love in our hearts.

The U.S.S. Carl Vinson's motto is Vis Per Mare--strength from the sea. I'll need a bit of that as I while away the months on the home front, but my dear man will need even more of it to deal with the unique challenges of living on an aircraft carrier.

This song came on my iPod as I drove away from the air terminal, and I swallowed my tears just enough to sing along:


Bon voyage, my love.

5 comments:

Anika said...

Sending hugs!

Brittany Ann said...

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Aww I'm sure the goodbye was emotional but he'll be home soon. Thinking of you!

Jamie said...

I don't know how you do it! Hopefully the months will fly right by.