Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On the mend

You guys are never going to believe this, but the dent I put in Jason's car (when I backed it into a truck) is gone! It just popped out all by itself after he drove the car a few times. All that's left of the damage is some scuff marks. Lucky me! Along with the car, Jason has bounced back from his mystery illness last week, too.

Jasper and I are also on the mend from our respective lump removals. My incision is slowly but surely fading from red to pink and now it's just a matter of time and moisturizing before it turns into a normal old scar.

Jasper had a followup vet visit today. It started off rough, because he peed all over the carpet and my shoe when I went to put him in his carrier, and it only got worse when we finally arrived at the vet's office. Jasper was nearly paralyzed with fear because the place was full of big, enthusiastic dogs. They had mercy on us and ushered us into an alternate waiting area and then a private room, rather than out in the lobby. His leg is healing nicely, albeit slowly because his ability to heal is hampered by his diabetes. But with or without his gnarly leg, he is my same old lump of kitty love:


He sleeps next to my pillow every night, purring his furry little heart out.

3 comments:

Angela Noelle said...

Aw, glad everyone (and everyTHING!) is healing up nicely :)

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Aww I'm glad to hear Jasper is doing better and that is awesome news about the dent. Phew!

Salt said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone (including the car) is mending up nicely!! :) My Oskie sleeps on my pillow too. Sometimes it's a little annoying, but he looks so cute there that I can't just push him off.