Friday, February 12, 2010

Foodie Friday: Bats, cats, and the best brownies in the whole world. Seriously.

It's Foodie Friday! Foodie Friday is my weekly feature that gives you a window into my kitchen. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to read cookbooks, and I love to inspire people to give vegan food a chance. Thus, Foodie Friday was whipped up and baked to perfection.
Here's what I've been making recently:

Peanut butter cookies (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes).


Angel hair pasta with olive oil and garlic (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes).


Fried tofu bats...


...and cats! Inspired by this.


Cheezy tomato macaroni (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes) with fried tofu bats and cats.


Kale (+spinach) and white sweet potatoes (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes). This also looks good with orange sweet potatoes (which are sweeter than the white variety).


Spiced oven-roasted white sweet potato sticks (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes) and Manwiches.


Chocolate coconut brownies (from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes). This is seriously the best brownie I have ever had, vegan or otherwise. EVER. I made them last night, Jason and I each had one then, and we each had one for breakfast when he got up (at noon today, the lazybones).

1 comment:

the V said...

you know I just read a vegan article (nee anthem) written by Alicia Silverstone in a cookery magazine. It reminded me of you, not just for the cooking but the long lost (and awkward) years where Paul Rudd was hot and valley girls weren't cool.