Saturday, May 22, 2010

Foodie Friday... I mean, Saturday

It's Foodie Friday! Foodie Friday is my weekly feature that gives you a window into my kitchen. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to read cookbooks, and I love to inspire people to give vegan food a chance. Thus, Foodie Friday was whipped up and baked to perfection.

I was sitting around sipping my oh-so-delicious homemade almond mocha when I realized that I haven't done a Foodie Friday post in two weeks. Ohnoes! We have some catching up to do. I haven't baked anything in two weeks (I know, WHO IS THIS PERSON I'VE BECOME?), but I have made a few things worth sharing.


Sautéed portobello mushroom sandwiches! The white condiment is Vegenaise mixed with green onions and the chopped up mushroom stems.


Spinach salad with hot "bacon" dressing and pecans. The dressing is chopped Lightlife Smart Bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette, heated all together in a pan. Jason doesn't usually like spinach salads, but he loved this.


Black bean and corn soup from 1,000 Vegan Recipes. The recipe calls for some of it to be puréed, but I didn't think that was necessary. Another husband-approved dish.


Lemon-kissed linguine with garlicky white bean sauce from 1,000 Vegan Recipes.


Mushrooms stuffed with spinach and walnuts from 1,000 Vegan Recipes.


Sesame kale (recipe courtesy of Maris), coconut jasmine rice and edamame from 1,000 Vegan Recipes, and seasoned bean curd slices (also used here).

4 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Looks so yummy! Just my taste! If there's ever some freak occurrence and we end up on the same base, we have to cook together!

Jamie said...

I'm not the biggest fan of Vegenaise as a normal mayo substitute, but I really like using it like you have up there, or in coleslaw-y type things. Also, The spinach salad looks AWESOME.

Salt said...

I need some asparagus. Like right now. But all of this looks delicious!

I'd like to try to go vegan for a couple of months, but I need to wait for BBQ season to be over. :)

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

All of this looks really yummy. I'm so intrigued about the portobello sandwiches. I wonder when you know when they're fully cooked.