Brittany tagged me in a game of Crazy 8s:
8 T.V. Shows I Watch
These are just shows that are currently on the four main networks. This doesn't even touch MTV or Food Network or summer season shows. What can I say, my DVR gets around.
2. American Idol
3. The Good Wife
8. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink
To keep things interesting, I'm going to limit this to non-national chain places that I've been to in California. These aren't necessarily my favorite places ever, but they're decent places that I can go currently. In no particular order...
1. Saddle Ranch Chop House, Universal City
2. Rock'n Fish, Los Angeles
3. Café Sierra, Universal City
4. Toshiko Japanese Cuisine, Hanford
5. Shine Café, Morro Bay
6. Taj Palace Cuisine of India, Visalia
7. Red Door Asian Bistro, Fresno
8. Thai Kitchen, Hanford
8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Five weeks from now when Jason is done with his current college class and has time to do fun stuff again.
2. The finale of Lost.
3. Seeing the number on the scale begin with a 1 again. Just a few more pounds!
4. Fitting into my size 14 pants again. And someday, even my size 12s.
5. My sister's wedding next year.
5. Finding and accessorizing bridesmaid dresses.
6. Any opportunity to be fancy.
8 Things That Happened Yesterday
1. I forced myself out of bed around 5:30 a.m., cleaned up the kitty litter boxes, started a load of Jasper's towels, and made Jason some coffee to take to work with him, as I do every weekday.
2. I worked from 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
3. I took Jasper to the vet.
4. I talked on the phone with my grandparents.
5. I wished my sister a happy birthday several times.
6. I took a nap in the evening.
7. Jason turned the air conditioning on while I was asleep.
8. I turned it off as soon as I woke up. It's still too soon!
8 Things I Like About Summer
1. Opening all of the windows and letting the breeze blow through the house.
2. The heat makes my cats even sleepier and lazier than usual.
3. So much sunshine!
4. Summer storms.
5. Fourth of July/our anniversary. We're coming up on five years together, four years married.
6. All the blockbuster action movies come out.
7. My birthday.
8. It is perfectly acceptable to play "Summertime" over and over and over.
8 Things I'm Passionate About
1. My husband
2. My family
3. Animal rights
4. Michigan State University
7. the state of Michigan
8. My cats
8 Words or Phrases I Use Often
1. The F word. I am probably far more foul-mouthed than most of you think. But I usually only speak that way in front of my husband.
2. What do you want? (to a cat)
3. What are you doing? (to a cat)
4. You Ms. (to my sister)
5. All done! (to Jasper after injecting his insulin)
6. I love you.
7. Have a good day! (to Jason, every morning as he leaves for work)
8. How was your day? (to Jason, every day when he gets home from work)
8 Things I Have Learned From the Past
1. It's usually better to keep your legs closed.
2. Constantly walking into protruding doorknobs will leave nasty bruises on your forearms. See also: I've apparently lost all track of what my arms are doing when I'm walking about.
3. Liquor is quicker and tastes better.
4. Take home half of your dinner.
5. Take home dessert, too.
6. My passion is more important than my paycheck.
7. The coffee shop always smells good while you are there, but when you come home after a shift you will stink.
8. Water is better with a slice of lemon.
8 Places I'd Like to Visit
I'm going to list places to which I have never been. To see where I've already been, read my Where in the World Wednesday archive.
4. Annapolis, Maryland (where my sister lives)
6. Las Vegas
7. Williamsburg, Virginia
8 Things I Currently Want/Need
1. Want: a bowl of the nondairy ice cream in the freezer.
2. Want: a red purse.
3. Need: to vacuum the house.
4. Want: some cute new earrings to wear when I'm feeling fancy.
5. Need: to put away two loads of clean laundry from last weekend and wash all of this week's dirty clothes.
6. Want: some new art to fill up the last remaining blank walls in our house.
7. Need: to convince Jasper to use the litter box again.
8. Want: the scratch down the middle of my cleavage to heal. Thanks for that, Lola.
8 Bloggers I Tag to Play Along
You... times 8!