Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where in the World Wednesday: Florida Keys

It's Classy in Philadelphia's Where in the World Wednesday!

The idea of WITWW is to post a picture of you in someplace in the world... it doesn't have to be somewhere foreign or tropical. Just a picture of you somewhere that you consider traveling. It might even be somewhere in your own hometown! Feel free to get creative and post where you WISH you could travel, old scanned pictures of vacations from years ago or even feel free to repeat a destination with different photos! Get creative.

My sophomore year of high school, I spent spring break in the Florida Keys with my sister, my dad and my grandparents. We stayed at my aunt and uncle's place in Tavernier. My grandparents went down every winter to escape the Michigan weather and keep the house in good shape (read: clean up hurricane damage).

Please do not touch lobster.

Going south, baby. Hey, is that Cuba?

That's a replica of Ernest Hemingway's boat, the Pilar.

Future blogger at work.

3 comments:

Angela Noelle said...

I might have to start playing along with this, because I have so much fun looking at your pictures! We've been thinking of hitting up the Florida keys while we're living this far south. Some friends went last year and just raved about it, so we'll see :)

Salt said...

I would so have to touch that lobster. I don't care about that sign at all.

Fun pictures! I have been to Florida about eleventy billion times (and was born there) and I have never been to Key West. I want to go so badly!

Rich Girl Red said...

I'm with Salt--we'd be touching the lobster! I've never been to Key West but it is on the list. Would it be a good location for a girl trip? We like the beach but we also like to sightsee, eat out, and drink heavily. Karaoke is optional. It looks more "tropical" than the rest of Florida, at least to me. I love the thought of being on the "tip of the country."