Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

As I sit here this Veterans Day, I am so glad to have my husband nearby, at the opposite end of the couch, playing PS3. There's nothing quite so excruciating as having your loved one be gone for military reasons, and my heart goes out to anyone whose person in uniform is far away from home right now.

I took a set of pictures of Jason in uniform last year on Veterans Day. People driving by honked at us while we were standing out in that field. I can only imagine that they were doing it to say thanks. I have three 8 x 10 prints from that session hanging in our bedroom. I look at them every day and think about how proud I am of him for having already served, and how proud I would be of him if he were to go through with rejoining. I also think about how freakin' hot he looks in uniform, and how lucky I am to be his wife.

He is my hero, today and always.

No comments: