Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still a fatty fat.

This was the view from our balcony a few weeks ago:



Now it's gone, gone, gone, leaving bare, drab branches in place of all that color. If I can't have pretty leaves anymore, then bring on the snow. What's the holdup?

Jason is in South Dakota for work this week (boo), so I have to keep myself occupied. Monday night I went to pick up Jasper's insulin from the pharmacy, so I stopped by the mall while I was out. Gap didn't have the party dresses I wanted to try on in stock yet, so I popped into Limited to look at theirs. I took one look at their sizing and styles and knew I was probably out of luck, but I did get a top that I am super-excited to wear the next time we go out.

Last night I worked out for the first time in a long time (thanks to Ashley, who inspired me). I have been slacking pretty badly on my mission to lose weight, and have been feeling awful about my body. In fact, I haven't lost any weight at all (hey, at least I didn't get fatter). Last week I was so bloated that I could barely get my wedding rings on. Gross, right? That, at least, is back to normal. So this week I'm watching what I eat, restricting portion sizes (and I am STARVING right now--it's dinner time!), and getting up off of my ass. I hope to keep this up when Jason gets back--we could both use the activity.

Surprisingly, I am not sore today. I figured I would be. I like to be. If I go to the gym tonight, I will work harder--more weight, more reps, faster pace. I want to feel the burn!

5 comments:

Bayjb said...

Don't feel bad about yourself and your body. It's a tough time of year right now. I'm normally very good at my diet and I've been sucking because of the weather, holidays, etc. Name it and there's a reason.

Anonymous said...

Wow those leaves were GORGEOUS! What a view!


And don't be so hard on yourself! It's SO HARD during the holidays to get on track.

Cary McNeal said...

I'm with ya, girl. Too many good things to eat this time of year. All we can do is try again tomorrow.

Maris said...

This is such a hard time of year to be dieting! I think you're doing the right thing by watching portion sizes. It's good for anyone to do that!

And don't be down on yourself! You look great!

Cary McNeal said...

Maris is right. You look fantastic. I'm banishing all my thoughts of dieting, exercise, body shame, etc this week, dammit. It's Thanksgiving.