Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hooray for blog friends!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting a longtime blog-friend for the very first time. Jamie is a fellow Michigan native I've known since way back in my Diary-X days. Just last month we discovered that we live half an hour away from each other (and that we both hate it in Massachusetts). Since I'm bailing on this fail state soon, we knew this could be our only chance to meet in person.

We spent five hours chatting at Starbucks--I don't think there's anything we didn't cover. It was so nice to let it all out with somebody, face to face, who understands how I feel 100 percent. The only reason we left was because it was closing time (and because our cats were waiting for us at home).

I can't think of a better ready-made friend than Jamie. We have a ton in common (cats! veganism! darling husbands! our excellent home state!) and I feel like we're truly kindred spirits. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good at making friends, so having made one all by myself feels so good.

Except that now I'm leaving. Such is life, I guess. I know our friendship will continue to grow online, where it started. And if I ever have to come visit Massachusetts, I'll have her smiling face to look forward to.

5 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Cool connection. Yay for Michigan natives!!!

Jamie said...

n'awwwww! Seriously though, that was the best time I've had since moving here,and certainly a long time in coming. Yay us!

Samsmama said...

I suck at making friends, too. So good for you! And just as you're getting ready to move....damn!

Allie said...

I went to MSU too - Whoo Hoo on the Final Four!

Maris said...

Meeting blog friends in real life is so much fun! Are you going to the 20SB meet up in Chicago in June?