Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stuff I Like, Volume 4

These things make my life better. Note that none of these companies send me free stuff. BUT THEY TOTALLY SHOULD. Also, I started writing this at the beginning of September (yes, last year) but never finished it.
  • Misto Olive Oil Sprayer: I use a lot of olive oil in my cooking, and was frustrated with both the fat content I was adding to my food and the wastefulness of inevitably pouring in more oil than necessary just to lubricate a cooking surface. Enter the Misto! You just fill the canister half full of the oil of your choice, pump the top a few times, and spray away. Like aerosol cooking sprays, but better for the environment because you're not throwing away cans all the time. I love my Misto.


  • VIP steam-in-the-microwave frozen vegetables: These taste great and make one less pot on the stove. In fact, you don't need a dish to cook them at all because they cook right in the bag. They're easier to keep on hand than fresh veggies, aren't packed in preservatives like their canned counterparts, and, assuming you have a freezer at work, are a simple way to add something healthy to your lunch. They even have organic options! You now have zero excuse to not eat your veggies.


  • White Rain shampoo and conditioner: This stuff is dirt cheap and is probably sold at every grocery store in America (except, apparently, my local Target and the NAS Lemoore commissary and NEX... FAIL). Plus, it's not tested on animals. Win-win! I've been using the Tropical Coconut scent lately, and I love it. It smells like summertime.


  • Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay flavored rum: I recently bought yet another bottle of the coconut flavor, and let me tell you, this stuff is delicious. Summer is in full effect here in central California, and I foresee many fruity, boozy smoothies in my future.

3 comments:

Bev said...

I love those steam-in-the-bag veggies! I eat them every day because I'm extremely lazy but still want my children to avoid Scurvy.

I wish I could go for the store-bought shampoo, but I'm hooked on the salon stuff. Once you start, ahem, chemically altering your color, you really must protect the investment.

HMCinCali said...

I am glad you mentioned the misto because I have one and I will be going through the cabinets looking for it. Great reminder - thanks.

I color my hair, but I do like white rain, coconut is cool (using right now) then I think we have a tangerine. The conditioner is where I spend extra. People say shampoo is just as important, but I am just not seeing it.


rum is not my preferred - can we say vodka then followed by tequila...

Well happy summers...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ok, that settles it. I need that misto in my life!