Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Where in the World Wednesday: Mount Vernon

It's Classy in Philadelphia's Where in the World Wednesday!

The idea of WITWW is to post a picture of you in someplace in the world... it doesn't have to be somewhere foreign or tropical. Just a picture of you somewhere that you consider traveling. It might even be somewhere in your own hometown! Feel free to get creative and post where you WISH you could travel, old scanned pictures of vacations from years ago or even feel free to repeat a destination with different photos! Get creative.

Back in August of 2006, when we were newlyweds and still lived in Virginia--the good old days--we went to visit my sissy dearest in Washington, D.C., where she was interning with the Secret Service.

Yes, really. My sister is a badass.

My mom and stepdad came out from Michigan, so we had a good gang together. While we were there, we hopped out of D.C. for an afternoon to visit Mount Vernon--George Washington's home.

Jason took this picture of us in the Washingtons' garden.

I stole these off of my sister's Facebook page.

3 comments:

Cary McNeal said...

Mt. Vernon is nice. I forgot I'd been there until I recently saw my 6th grade safety patrol trip pictures. They say Big G grew hemp there, but I didn't see any. They should give you a sample like the Anheuser-Busch brewery tour.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

I remember going to Mt. Vernon! I found some DC photos from years ago and it was nice to see some of those sights again!

CIP said...

Interning with the secret service? That IS badass.

Cool pictures, as usual :)