Friday, April 2, 2010

Foodie Friday: "Something with sauce."

It's Foodie Friday! Foodie Friday is my weekly feature that gives you a window into my kitchen. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to read cookbooks, and I love to inspire people to give vegan food a chance. Thus, Foodie Friday was whipped up and baked to perfection.
I make pancakes often. Almost every weekend. I use the light Bisquick mix--just add soy milk and mix. Easy! Last weekend I dropped in some blueberries, which promptly turned the batter blue. Jason likes Lightlife Smart Bacon, so I made some of that, too. I drizzled my stack with ginger syrup. Yum!


We love Indian food, and I've been trying to teach myself how to make it at home. This week I made chole palak--chickpeas with spinach. The link goes to a blog by an Indian lady who makes a video to demonstrate the recipe. She is so cute!


Jason loves foods with tomato sauce. I can't tell you how many times I've asked him what he wants for dinner and heard him say "Something with sauce." Lately I've been making him chicken parmesan sandwiches using Morningstar Farms Italian Herb Chik Patties and Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce. Slap some veggie cheese shreds on that thing, toss it under the broiler for a minute or two, and presto! Instant happy husband.


Remember my fudge fail from last week? I'm using up my chocolate peanut butter gravel one spoonful at a time. The other night we made banana splits with So Delicious vanilla ice cream, pecans, dried cherries, chocolate syrup, and dusted the top with fudge gravel.


If I make pancakes this weekend maybe I'll put some fudge gravel on them, too.

1 comment:

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Wow your pancakes turned out awesome. I love them (especially Swedish ones) but they NEVER turn out good. Blah.