Sunday, April 11, 2010

I less than three you guys, but plus four myself.

A big thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. One of the things I love about the blogging community is that everyone is so supportive and that you all have such kind things to say. A little bit of humor and a silly dance are good ways to get myself started, but it's all of your friendly encouragement that will keep me going. I tried to respond to everyone's comments personally, but if I didn't respond to yours it's because I don't have your e-mail address. Thank you to each and every one of you!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I'm not the only one on this blog with a little spill-over. Jasper has a muffin top too:


This morning I weighed in at four pounds heavier than when I started my workout plan last week. FOUR POUNDS. Not cool! I guess that's what I get for taking Friday and Sunday off. But on Saturday I did the 30-Day Shred and more than an hour of yard work! Doesn't that even out?

I know, I know, I just started. I shouldn't expect results right away. I did the Shred plus two and a half hours of yard work and cleaning today to up the ante. I could have done something else with that chunk of time, but the litter boxes don't scrub themselves, people.

I constantly have to remind myself that the number on the scale is not the end-all, be-all of getting healthy. My weight can fluctuate several pounds from day to day, and it has always been this way. I still track my morning weigh-ins using a fancy spreadsheet I designed that turns all the data into an easy-to-read line graph, but how my clothes fit is a much better gauge of how I'm doing. My jeans felt pretty good yesterday.


Still, though, I wish I had some little birdies who would help me lighten the load on the scale a little bit so I could feel like what I'm doing is working. One of my short term goals is to have my weight start with a one again, and that's not going to happen if I keep plus-fouring.

7 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Ha! We used to have a cat that slept in a box like that, not as much "overflow" but close. lol

Anonymous said...

My cats live by the adage 'if I fits in it, I sits in it'.

Good luck on your loss! It's just a while before the ball starts rolling, but when it does, you've got more energy and it perpetuates itself.

Brittany Ann said...

It's true; how your clothes fit is actually a much better gauge. Smaller, tighter muscle weighs more than fat but takes up way less space! That's always my mantra!

Bev said...

I almost always gain a little when I first start working out! Your body retains water in your muscles and all that mumbo-jumbo, but it is discouraging sometimes.

Just go by how you feel! I know my scale hasn't budged but I feel firmer these past few days and my clothes fit better, so hopefully the scale will show it soon enough. Keep at it!!

Samsmama said...

I ate so well yesterday. Or so I thought. I gained a pound. WTH?

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Oh my gosh, kitty muffin top? that's hilarious and adorable. ADORABLE. Jeans are a great way to measure how you're doing. I'm glad to hear they fit well!

Jamie said...

Our scale doesn't give an accurate reading -ever-, so I go by measurements and how my clothes fit. But good luck with Jillian! She's tough but she gets results. :)