Monday, April 19, 2010

Seniority

Last week Bev challenged us to a game of show-and-tell... of our senior pictures! I'm always up for a challenge, and you guys will not be disappointed, because my senior snaps were pretty, um, not pretty.

First, though, check out these lovely ladies:


My mommy, class of 1974. She's starting a new job today, wish her luck! (My mom's name isn't Packer. That must have been the studio's name.)


My sister, class of 2003. I am totally jealous of how well her pictures turned out. She hit every senior picture cliché (flower patch, furry animal, and instrument), and looked adorable doing it!

Here's what you've all been waiting for--high school Heidi, class of 2000:




I hate these pictures. I got them done at the local Olan Mills studio (you know, the place responsible for so many awkward family photos). I refused to let my mom spring for the fancy studio pictures. I thought it was a complete waste of money. I also refused to have a high school open house. I don't know why I had such a chip on my shoulder, but I guess it saved my parents some money. I wish I had gotten nicer pictures then, but I didn't feel so bad when I demanded a pricey package for our wedding pictures a few years ago.

Once I drop some of this weight, I'm hoping to get some cute family photos taken of me and Jason. He doesn't know it, but it is SO HAPPENING.

6 comments:

Bev said...

OMG, I love these!!! I love the pensive look, especially. Things that make Heidi go, "hmmmmm...."

Thanks for playing!! I'm linking to you.

xoxo
b

Salt said...

YES!!! I don't know what you are talking about...yours are so great! I had the blue background too and didn't even have to hit up Olan Mills to get it...they trucked it right into our school's lobby. :)

OMG look at Kate! Why is she holding a rabbit!? Was it your pet? I wish holding furry animals were an option for my senior pics!

Angela Noelle said...

Aw, I love your sister with the bunny :) And yours are adorable! My mom shelled out for the expensive pictures, and I still hate them, so you know, there's that!

Brittany Ann said...

I know what you mean. I hate my senior photos. I was a swimmer who already had naturally broad shoulders, so my activity level accentuated that, along with the poses and closes the photographer put me in. I looked like a freaking linebacker. Ugh. Never again.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

I have to say, I don't totally hate mine. They were classic but not cheesy. Your sister's photos are HILARIOUS, the bunny? Adorable and clarinet? Awesome. Oh, for some reason there is an odd frame around your photos, I'm not sure what's up.

Jessi J. Walton said...

I love your new layout!! Its really cute. and what a cool idea with the senior pics. I didnt even get senior pics taken, ooopppsss!!!!