Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winds of change are blowing...

...and the sky is getting clearer by the minute.

No, I'm not talking about the presidential inauguration, although the same is true in that arena, too.

I'm talking about the winds of change propelling me and Jason to a better life--a life as a Navy family.

Jason got the call today that he's scheduled to report to his transient personnel unit near Chicago by February 2. He gave his two weeks' notice at his current job as soon as he heard.

We couldn't be happier. Well, I couldn't be happier. Jason, while excited to have gotten exactly what he wanted, still has a dark cloud on his horizon: the non-support of a couple of people who are very important in his life. I will never understand the indifference--resentment, even--every time he has an achievement. I'm hoping that some physical distance from this quicksand of negativity and "can't" will lessen the hurt he feels, but I know it's a wound that even I will never be able to heal. It is truly sad. Jason has learned to shake off the disappointment over the years, but it still takes a toll on him, even as a grown man. The biggest lesson I have learned from this is that when I am in their position someday, I will be nothing less than a varsity cheerleader, proud and supportive no matter what.

But enough of that--I refuse to allow their permafunk to affect my life. We are moving on to bigger and better things, and nothing can stop us.

3 comments:

Bayjb said...

I might be a moron tonight, but are you guys moving to Chicago???

Angela said...

Congrats, love! You've won the Lemonade Award, courtesy of yours truly. :) Click here for further instructions.

Heidi Renée said...

I won't be going to Chicago, that's just temporary. I'll definitely post about it when we find out where we're moving!