Monday, January 5, 2009

Just another lonely wife post.

Another work week, another five days without my husband. Such is the life of a field service technician's wife. I guess I'll have to get used to this "single" life now that Jason is going back in the Navy. Those trips are oh, so much longer--and there are no nightly phone calls from an aircraft carrier.

I remember being so relieved when Jason decided to leave the Navy a couple of years ago. Not because he was getting out, but because he wouldn't have to go on the six-month cruise his squadron was scheduled to take. I got an ache in my chest and started to tremble all over every time I thought about him leaving. I'm still not crazy about him being gone for months at a time, of course, but if I have to be left alone someplace for a long time, I'd rather it be... well, not here. And somehow, I feel more comfortable now with the thought of him going on cruise. I don't know why. Perhaps it's only because there's not a cruise looming on the horizon. Maybe I'll go back to my old ways once he's back in and the plans are made. But I also feel more settled in our marriage, and better able to weather any storms that come our way. We've sailed through our fair share of rough waters since we moved to Massachusetts--things that I have talked about on this blog, but mostly things that I have not. I have grown up a lot while dealing with these things, and Jason has too. We are stronger for having dealt with them, and so is our relationship.

I think I'll always have trouble falling asleep when he's not there for me to nestle against, though. Thus the reason I am still awake.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Aww I'm sorry you're lonely. I hope things get better.