Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doing our part to keep the U.S. boat afloat.

Hello, Internet. I have been gone for a few days. Did you miss me? (Of course not.)

I wasn't really gone, of course. I was right here. With my sick husband. I actually had a sickish couple of days, too. We skipped out on Thanksgiving and bought a car instead (you're welcome, GM, you worthless company), which lifted his spirits incredibly. I have the most spoiled husband in the universe. He's never getting a Christmas present ever again (ok, that's definitely not true).

But really, he deserves this. He has worked so hard for everything he has, Internet. He has earned it.

And he continues to earn it--90 hours the week before Thanksgiving! And he's at it again this week. He left for Colorado yesterday, so I'm all by my lonesome again. Hopefully he's not even sicker when he comes home in a few days.

I've also been busy stimulating the economy (that sounds more charitable than saying "shopping"). My most notable purchase is a dress for my mom's wedding (yes, I get to go home for it!). It cost far less than a Corvette. I am a cheap wife. At least compared to Jason, the things I want seem cheap. In fact, I think I will make a list of my outrageous wants later this week, so you all can judge if my dream possessions are more or less extravagant than his.

A housekeeping item of note: you may have noticed that I've updated my "Elsewhere" section on the right column. So go have a look at my friends' blogs (these are people I know in real life), and other awesome blogs by people I only wish were my friends. Go! They have much more interesting things to say than I do. I'm too busy hibernating.

Thus concludes this pathetic excuse for an update.

3 comments:

Cary McNeal said...

You got a CORVETTE????

Damn. I'm jealous.

Bayjb said...

Wow congrats on the new car! Hope the hubby is feeling better.

the V said...

Dude, my mom got that dress in copper for my sisters wedding and looked killer. no dowdy mother of brideness - but god does it pluuge if you do it right. I am sure you will be stunning.

ps - nice car.